Sunday, September 24, 2017

Lay's France Jambon Braise

I am so torn by this bag.

On one hand, I love the flavor of Ham. Ham chips will always and forever be some of my favorite chips.

However. I tried these on the same day I ate some Walkers. And it reminded me so strongly that Walkers makes some of the best damn chips around.
The texture of chips manufactured by Lay's France can not come close to the texture of Walkers. Not in any universe are they even neighbors!
France always makes thin, crumbly, flakey, overcooked, semi flavorless chips.... and once again we have that here in this bag.
Which is unfortunate, because the flavors from Lay's France are incredible. The Ham flavor is decadent and rich and meaty and sumptuous. But it is almost wasted on a lackluster potato chip.

Now, don't get me wrong, on it's own, the chip holds up and is a nice treat. But, when you are eating it, literally at the same time you are eating Walkers, the failures become overwhelmingly obvious.

Final Thoughts: If you are in France and you like these meaty flavors, please feel free to pick up a bag and eat it. Lord knows there are worse chips around. But, if you are looking for Potato quality, search elsewhere.
But, what do you think? Have you tried French Lay's? Do you agree? Disagree? Let us know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment