Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Contest: Lay's USA Do Us A Flavor 2014 Finalists Announced

Today Lay's USA announced the 4 finalists in 2014's "Do Us A Flavor" contest. The flavors are even more exciting then I could have imagined; "Cappuccino", "Wasabi Ginger", "Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese", and "Mango Salsa". This year Lay's expanded their contest to include other textures like Kettle Cooked and Wavy which lends itself better to certain flavors. "Cappuccino" and "Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese" will both come in the standard, tried and true, Lay's cut.
"Cappuccino" sounds awesome to me, I'm a huge fan of the salty-sweet combo, and it seems to be working for Lay's. I loved "Chicken & Waffles" last year, and the Chocolate covered Wavy chips released at Christmas were such a hit that I couldn't even get a bag. "Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese" seems like the sure-to-be winner. Americans love a Cheesy chip... look how well "Garlic Cheesy Bread" did last year, eventually becoming the winning flavor. This flavor has everything foodie fans love; Cheese, Bacon, and Macaroni & Cheese. The other flavors are a bit more fun, but this one is the only one I see having mass appeal.
The Kettle Cooked option comes in "Wasabi Ginger", I'm personally not excited, but I can see people loving this. I can't bare Wasabi. But, I think if you loved "Siracha" last year, you will be intrigued by this bag. And I think the Kettle Cooked chip will suit it well. The thicker cut, richer potato flavor, and saltyness will stand up to the brightness of the Wasabi and Ginger. For a similar reason, the Wavy "Mango Salsa" bag is probably the bag I will be buying the most. "Mango Salsa" is a sweet take on refreshing salsa... that flavor, paired with thicker, crunchier Wavy chips, sounds like a perfect match.

So, are you pumped up for these flavors too? Or do they seem a bit ridiculous?
They should hit stores 7/28... Happy Hunting my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment