Friday, September 18, 2015

Lay's Spain Estilo Artesanas 100% Aceite de Oliva

Lay's Spain's Artesanas are an Artisinal inspired range of Chips made with Olive Oil. This bag is simply "100% Olive Oil" flavored. I'd been waiting a long time to try these and I'm not gonna lie, I felt like I kinda got jipped. I guess as an American, I presume all chips come with Salt (as we call Salted Chips "Original", and we don't have an Non-Salted option). That's where I fell down on this bag. While the chips are well cooked and offer decent potato flavor, AND the Olive Oil flavor distinguishes itself... the bag needs SALT. The Olive Oil flavor overtakes the potato flavor, it gives the chips a flat, one-note, taste. I think with the addition of Salt, this bag would have let the potato chips natural flavor shine, and added some complexity. While the "Al Punto de Sal" bag brings out flavor in the potato, this bag hides it behind the Olive Oil. Spain does offer another Artesanas flavor, that has an addition of Salt, Pepper, and Garlic; but I didn't try that one. As far as this one goes, it was meh. I wouldn't buy these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment