Thursday, November 1, 2012

Guest Chip Review! Lay's Denmark Sour Cream & Onion

"As a guest chip-blog-writer, I take this opportunity very seriously. I feel lucky that I get to write my review of the Sour Cream & Onion Ruffles/Lays from Denmark. On this search with my sister, to find the most exotic flavored chips from around the world, we stumbled upon some familiar favorites. This one being "Sour Cream & Onion". An American staple. Now, I am not a potato chip fan; but on the rare occasion I do eat chips, sour cream and onion are my go-to flavor. For that reason, I believe it is only fitting that I write the entry for this flavor.

Now there's good news and there's bad news. Bad news is that I am a biased taste-tester. I like the American flavor so much! Good news is, that the chips were not that bad.
I'll be honest the chips were extremely salty, so I recommend having a tall glass of water nearby. However, because they were Ruffle-style, the chip was cut thicker and had more crunch than the American version.
The flavor is almost identical, except for the fact that the Danish version was saltier than the standard. I recommend these for a stroll through Copenhagen: enjoying the beautiful city, a Carlsberg beer, and a nice bag while you walk around the stunning, ecofriendly, city."
- by KathyKathy (GinaGina's sister, lol)

Love my sister for jotting this blog down while we were in Copenhagen after she ate ALL my SC&O chips lol. I get the Salty thing; as I noted in my other Danish review, their chips are MUCH saltier than ours. Just a cultural thing. Also, I want to note here that these were available in BOTH Denmark and Sweden so they can be found in multiple locations across Scandinavia.  Looks like if you are a SC&O lover you won't be too disappointed if you visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment