Saturday, September 3, 2016

Lay's USA Beer 'n Brats

What is this bag yall!? I went looking for the Passport Flavors, and stumbled upon this gem! "Beer 'n Brats" flavored Lay's... IN AMERICA!
If you frequent this blog, you may remember that Romania has been doing a Beer & Brats flavor seasonally around Oktoberfest for the last few years... and even a Spicy Beer & Brats flavor. It's quite fun to see it here in the states now!
However, let's get to the literal meat & potatoes... this flavor is MEH. Something is missing. The Beer. VITAL COMPONENT LAY'S!!
I got Bratwurst flavor, but faintly... and oddly... Cheese. So, I flipped this bag over and looked at the ingredients... yup, Cheddar seasoning. WHY?! Why is there Cheddar featured as a prominent ingredient in a Beer & Bratwurst flavored bag of chips? It makes no sense! The potato itself is fine and has some potato flavor, it's cooked well, but the seasoning is off base completely! I could not taste anything Beer like. I could barely taste Brats. This is a smoked meat Cheddar bag of chips. What a shame & a disappointment. Hopefully this bag will disappear as silently as it appeared and come back with a more authentic taste, because this is a fun flavor opportunity.
If you'd like to give it a taste, I found mine at my local Stater Bros. market. They did not have the Passport flavors at the time, which have already been out for several weeks, so I don't know if that is a clue for finding these. I'd hunt for it fast, I can't imagine this bag selling beyond it's initial release, it's just not good enough.
If you do manage to find it, let me know what you thought in the comments below! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment