Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lay's USA Kettle Cooked Spicy Cayenne & Cheese

So, Paul, my partner in Chip eating crime, had this bag lying around his house today and was like "Gina, you MUST try these".
"These" would be Lay's Kettle Cooked Spicy Cayenne and Cheese. And, as he, myself, and my blog know... the word Cayenne had me pretty horrified. The last bag of chips I had with Cayenne were super tasty but had me in coughing fits. I stared at this bag for a solid 8 minutes in fear before taking the plunge.
...
Plunge well taken. This was a FRICKIN awesome bag of chips! I'll say it again, I love the Kettle Cooked line; they are rich in potato flavor, crunchy, and comforting. The chip itself is the ideal, close to perfection chip. The seasoning, which is White Cheddar, was that familiar Cheese Lay's flavor, but not as overwhelming as traditional Cheese Lay's often are . It was applied evenly and complimented the smooth potato flavor. Then a slow, hovering, heat crawls up from the Cayenne. It NEVER gets overwhelming or chokes you. It just kicks up the cheese and potato flavors a notch. These are great for people who love the Queso flavored Ruffles... but are hotter and MUCH more sophisticated. I would definitely say this is a practically perfect bag of chips. Twice I shut the bag and put them away, only to reach back moments after for more. I highly recommend these.

No comments:

Post a Comment